All of Learn Japanese Cairns language teachers are suitably qualified and experienced.
- MA of Applied Linguistics, University of Southern Queensland
- Grad.Dip in Language Teaching, University of Technology, Sydney
- BA in Japanese Language Teaching Methodology, Gakushuin University, Tokyo
- Japanese Language Teaching Competency Test
- Professional Translator accredited by NAATI
(National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters)
I started teaching Japanese in Tokyo in 1992 with the Association for Japanese Language Teaching, the author group of the textbook series, Japanese for Busy People. I was sent to Australia in 1995 by the Japan Foundation for two years, then decided to stay in Australia!
So far, I have taught business people in Tokyo, bilingual children at the Japanese Supplementary School Cairns, high school students in Tasmania, at universities (JCU, University of Tasmania) and at Sun Pacific College. I enjoy teaching, being part of my students’ learning journey.
- MA in Teaching Japanese As a Second Language, Obirin University, Tokyo
- BA in International Studies, Meijigakuin University, Tokyo
I started my career in Teaching Japanese from 2006. In Japan, I taught international students at language schools and immigrants (including children) from various countries.
I moved to Cairns in 2009, and I joined Learn Japanese Cairns as a teacher in 2010. I am also teaching bilingual children at Japanese Supplementary School Cairns.
I like teaching and talking with students. I look forward to meeting you soon at Japanese class.
- Kobe Women's University, Japan
- 420 hour course in Teaching Japanese As a Second Language, Sydney
I have more than three years experience in teaching, including teaching Japanese to adults and teaching English to children.